Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day2 - back and shoulders


I decided I couldn't really keep making excuses if I wanted to succeed. So, I worked around not having a bar and did the back and chest workout. Let me tell you - I know now why it's my weakest part.

At the begining they were doing pull ups, which I figured a way to kindo f do it, but decided not to, and then Tony Horton (the instructor) called me right out saying that some of us may not even be able to do 2 or 3 pull ups and showed cheats to do them so that we can get to a point where we can, I decided then, that I would just try my darnest and hope that at 90, I can quote this paragraph and be like, HA, now i can do 30 no problem! We'll see.

I did fairly well, except, doing the back flies didn't feel at all natural and I was having a hard time finding a comfortable way to do them. I still did a solid amount I think. And I can't do the dive bomb push ups. I'll try them when I haven't already done a good amount and my arms are exhausted, but I had a hard time with them today, big time.

Anyways, here the summary:



  • I did 2 sets of heavy pants with 10lbs. The first I did 15 reps and the second I did 16

  • I did 17 reps of lawnmower with 10lbs. Then 15 reps with 20lbs. I'm sticking with 20lbs next time.

  • I did 10 reps of back fly with 10lbs. Then 6 reps with 20lbs. I have to figure out if I'm doing it right, if not, stick to 10 or do 5 and get the technique, if so, stick with 20lbs

  • I did a total of 25 pulls ups (10, 10, 5)

  • 25 sit ups in one set

  • A total of 95 sit ups

  • A total of 86 push ups (BOOYAH)

Feeling really proud of myself, but I have an interview and it's super ugly outside, so once again NO RUN :(

No comments:

Post a Comment